Learn about valve terminology, components, nomenclature and how valves work. Ideal for all engineering industries!
Every engineering process requires the ability to stop, start, and regulate (throttle) flow. Valves are thus a fundamental part of any system that conveys gases, liquids, or solids. But what are valves? How do they work? And why do they have such weird names e.g. butterfly valve? This course will help you answer all of these questions and many more! You will learn:
• How valves are named.
• What are linear and rotary motion valves are.
• All of a valve's main components.
• How common valve types work (ball, butterfly, diaphragm, gate, globe, safety, relief, pinch etc.).
• How to choose the correct valve for a certain application.
• How to identify valves visually.
• Advantages and disadvantages associated with each valve type.
This course will give you all the information you need about each valve type and can also be used later as a refresher course. Irrespective of your engineering background (oil and gas, chemical engineering, HVAC, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering etc.), this course will enrich your engineering career…because valves are everywhere!
Are you sure to perform this action?