Enclosed Space Entry is one of the leading causes of casualties within the Shipping Industry. This keeps happening due to poor training and poor knowledge or disregard of the Procedures that should be followed. Every crew member should be knowledgeable, able and willing to carry out an Enclosed Space Entry in a safe manner. Various documentations onboard assist the crew to follow the correct procedures and ensure that all steps are covered, and nothing is missed prior to entry.
This course strives to explain the risks, procedures and contingencies related to enclosed space entry.
During this course, we will be discussing in detail the following;
1. What is an Enclosed Space
2. Reasons for entering an Enclosed Space
3. Hazards of Enclosed Space Entry
4. Risk Assessment and Permit to Work
5. Testing of the Atmosphere
6. Enclosed Space entry procedure and precautions,
7. Specific Hazards
8. Enclosed Space Entry requirements and Rescue Training and Drills, and
9. Contingency Plans
Are you sure to perform this action?