An anchor is an essential tool, often underestimated. However, dropping an anchor remains the last thing to do when there are no other options available, and in its simplicity can help us save a manoeuvre. In this course, we will see how to use the anchor in a practical way to moor, unmoor, slow down or stop the ship by going through some of the manoeuvres actually performed. We will also see how and when to have it intervene to manage an emergency.
The learning outcomes of the course will include:
- Understanding the anchors and how they work.
- Gain knowledge on chain cables and anchorage line and learn about anchorage area.
- Knowledge on how to turn on the anchor
- Knowledge of how to moor with two anchors.
- Understand how to use an anchor in a manoeuvre for mooring, unmooring, and dredging.
- Knowledge of the use of the anchor in an emergency.
Are you sure to perform this action?