Ships are extremely complex environments, containing various hazards and risks. Due to this, a need arises to make the risks bearable in order to ensure the maximum safety of the crew, the vessel itself, and the environment. In order to achieve this result, a process to identify, evaluate and address all the risks relevant enough to endanger the crew, the vessel, or the environment is created. This risk assessment will ensure a proper analysis of the likelihood and potential consequences of each identified hazard or risk.
This course will help prospective seafarers and those already sailing, to understand the importance of the risk assessment process and how to mitigate risks.
The objectives of this course include;
- Awareness of the risks involved in the operation of a vessel.
- Knowledge on how to assess and manage these risks.
- Understanding how to apply correct risk assessment procedures.
- Understanding how to prioritize resources to apply mitigating measures.
- Knowledge on how to maintain correct risk management by means of onboard procedures.
Are you sure to perform this action?