This course aims to respond to the needs highlighted by the Hong Kong Convention of 15/05/2009; by Regulation (EU) no. 1257 of 11/20/2013; by the Decree of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport of 27/05/2019; from the IHM Guidelines (Inventory of Hazardous Materials), resolution MEPC.269 (68) of 15 May 2015.
The contents of the course are suitable and compliant with the provisions of the aforementioned reference legislation.
The course has been designed so that the participant can acquire the necessary knowledge and skills related to the requirements, qualifications and experience useful for the role of Competent Person.
The objectives include:
1. knowledge of the reference standards and regulations;
2. recognition of hazardous materials covered by Regulation (EU) No. 1257/2013 and identification of ship structures, facilities and on-board systems where they could potentially be installed;
3. assessment of the situation on board and preparation of an inspection of the ship;
4. communication and knowledge of application software;
5. knowledge of the procedures to be adopted to protect the safety of workers on board;
6. knowledge of how to carry out on-board sampling;
7. understanding and interpretation of the results of sampling analyses;
8. preparation of inspection reports and development/updating of the inventory of hazardous materials;
9. knowledge of Ship Recycling.
Are you sure to perform this action?