This course has been designed to give students a good appreciation and understanding of best practices for guaranteeing the correct management of risks directly connected to the increasingly important topic of IT security.
• Introduction to Cyber Security
• The basic terminology of cyber security: sniffing, spoofing, malware
• The main sources of vulnerability to our systems
• The regulatory framework of reference
• Data protection and privacy issues
• Actions to be considered to mitigate the IT risk: behaviour, monitoring, detection.
• Response measures, password management, posters and information material
• Maritime Cyber Security: basic concepts
• Review of the management process: risk analysis and mitigation in the context of Safety Management System (SMS) and in the Ship Security Plans (SSP)
Are you sure to perform this action?