Seably for Business
Subscribe to Seably for Business and give your employees unlimited access to all courses. Build a culture that drives your business forward.
Due to the nature of the work environment onboard ships, risks and hazards tend to be unavoidable. The ISM Code was introduced by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to help in creating a standard for safety. Companies are nowadays required to provide ships with a safety management system that highlights the procedures that should be followed on board to ensure the protection of life, ship, and the environment. Additionally, safety culture is introduced both ashore and on board to assist with the continuous improvement of safety-related issues.
Upon completion of this course, the candidate will understand the importance of the company’s safety management system and how such a system ensures maximum safety onboard.
The learning objectives will include;
1. Understand the purpose of the ISM Code,
2. Gain knowledge on why company procedures are put in place,
3. Understand how company procedures aid in ensuring maximum safety,
4. Understand the need for proper shipboard management to be in place,
5. Identify the importance of a safety culture onboard.
Are you sure to perform this action?