The work environment onboard ships is extremely complex, containing various hazards and risks. Due to this, rules and regulations were introduced to create a standard onboard, ensuring a better and safer work environment. This is done by the implementation of safety management systems and by training seafarers to recognize everyday risks and hazards and understand how they can mitigate them by the use of personal protective equipment and safe working practices.
Upon completion of this course, the candidate will understand and gain knowledge on the work environment onboard ships including the various risks to health and the importance of knowing how to mitigate such risks by proper use of PPE.
The learning objectives of this course will include;
1. Understanding the work environment onboard and the international rules and regulations covering this.
2. Gain knowledge of the risk assessment process and mitigation of such risks onboard.
3. Understand the importance of human relations onboard and factors that might affect this.
4. Gain knowledge of common risks to seafarers imposed by onboard operations.
5. Gain knowledge of additional everyday risks onboard and how to mitigate them.
6. Understand the importance of PPE and safe working techniques onboard.
Are you sure to perform this action?