Human element is a key component contributing to the safety of life onboard ships and unfortunately, it is also one of the main contributors to a large number of casualties in the maritime industry. This can only be made worse by bad human relations onboard. Therefore, human relations and social responsibilities work hand in hand to mitigate casualties and incidents, by ensuring that the seafarers are in a happy working environment resulting in proper communication and good and effective teamwork.
Upon completing this course, the candidate will understand the importance of teamwork, good communication, and good relationships with fellow crew members onboard.
The learning outcomes of the Course will include;
- Understanding what the human element is and the effect it has.
- Gain knowledge of Safety Culture onboard.
- Recognize the various factors that affect human relationships onboard.
- Recognise the methods to be used for good communication.
- Understand cultural barriers and learn how to respond to such issues.
- Gain knowledge of the individual rights and responsibilities toward fellow crew members.
- Understand how to recognize fatigue and stress.
Are you sure to perform this action?