Man Overboard is one of the various emergencies that can occur onboard ships, and like every other emergency, a man overboard requires immediate and precise intervention. In order to ensure that action is taken without delay in such an event, every crew member onboard is trained in man overboard procedures and drilled on their specific duties at regular intervals as required by SOLAS. The correct and timely application of the procedures to be followed will in return increase the probability of a successful recovery and decrease the probability of casualty.
Upon completion of this course, the candidate will have full knowledge and understanding of the following points:
1. The main situations that can result in a man overboard.
2. The procedure to be followed to ensure action without delay.
3. The three main methods of manoeuvering during a man overboard emergency.
4. The training and drill requirements.
5. The follow-up actions upon recovery.
Are you sure to perform this action?