A ship-to-ship transfer is carried out when cargo such as oil or gas cargo is transferred from one ship to another. Oil tankers and gas carriers keep growing bigger and bigger and for economical reasons or due to draft restrictions sometimes these vessels do not go alongside in port, but instead do a STS transfer. Unfortunately, this comes with the risk of causing pollution or fire accidents in the case of the leakage of cargo into the open sea. Extreme coordination, proper equipment, and approval for the performance of such operation is required, hence the importance of proper training.
This course will help prospective seafarers and those already sailing, to gain understanding of the ship-to-ship operation and knowledge on how to conduct such operation with maximum safety.
• Introduction to STS Transfer Operations
• Gain knowledge of the regulatory requirements for a STS transfer.
• Knowledge of the safety and security measures put in place during such an operation.
• Understanding the importance of communication during such operations.
• Learning about the preparations required for such an operation.
• Understand how a manoeuvre is carried out during a ship to ship operations.
• Understanding how to carry out a mooring and unmooring operation.
• Knowledge of the cargo transfer procedures and procedures whilst alongside.
• Knowledge of the Equipment used and available during such operation.
• Understanding the emergencies that might occur during a STS and the actions to take.
Are you sure to perform this action?